Ortus are a provider of Managed IT and cloud services. The Website you are currently browsing www.ortus.ie is used to communicate with current and prospective new customers.
This policy outlines to you the user of this website exactly what information we collect and what we do with that data. If you have any queries in relation to this website, please contact Ortus by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond to your query in a timely manner.
The term “Data Protection Legislation” means the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003 and Directive 95/46/EC, any other applicable law or regulation relating to the Processing of Personal Data and to privacy (including the E-Privacy Directive and the European Communities (Electronic Communications Networks and Services) (Privacy and Electronic Communications) Regulations 2011 (“E-Privacy Regulations”), as such legislation shall be amended, revised or replaced from time to time, including by operation of the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (“GDPR”) (and laws implementing or supplementing the GDPR, and laws amending or supplementing the E-Privacy Regulations).
- What personal information do we collect from the people that visit this, website?
All data collected through the ‘Chat’ function or ‘Talk to us’ on our website will be retained only for the purpose of the chat conversation and is subject to regular data review with the aim to ensure to remove data that is no longer required by Ortus to assist us to answer your chat conversation query.The data is held in a safe and secure ISO27001 certified / GDPR compliant data centre in the EU.Access to this data is restricted to Ortus employees and Website administrator who are bound by non-disclosure agreements.
- When do we collect information?
Ortus will collect information from you when you fill out the ‘Talk to us’ form or use the ‘Chat’ function. We also collect information by using cookies to track how you interact with our website. Please see our Cookies section below.
- How do we use your information?
The data we retain from your interaction with our website will only be used information for Ortus to effectively interact with your query or chat and to send you information about products and services we believe will be of interest to you and assist us to answer your query or interest in Ortus services.
- You have the right to request your data to be erased
As per the Data Protection Legislation, you can ask Ortus to erase your personal data at any time. To do so please send your request email@example.com or call 0818891000 and request to speak to the Data Protection Officer. Below outline circumstances under which you may request erasure of the personal data held by Ortus:
- you withdraw consent for Ortus to process your personal data and Ortus cannot otherwise legally process your Personal Data;
- you object for Ortus to process your Personal Data as legally Ortus no longer have any legal basis for continuing to process your Personal Data;
- your Personal Data has been processed unlawfully or have not been erased when it should have been
- the Personal Data need to be erased to comply with Data Protection law. Ortus reserve the right to continue to process your Personal Data in certain specific circumstances as per the Data Protection Legislation. For example, where Ortus has a legal justification to continue to retain such Personal Data, such as it being within Ortus business interest to do so i.e. evidence of billing information. If you request erasure of your Personal Data, Ortus will inform the recipients whom that Personal Data has been disclosed. Note: if this must be practicable to do so.
- You have the right to ask us to stop contacting you with direct marketing
Where we have a legitimate reason for sending you electronic communications/direct marketing in relation to the products and services Ortus Offer and related matters including direct e-mail communication and notifications of new features. You have the right to request Ortus to stop contacting for the purposes of direct marketing. If you would like to request Ortus to stop direct Marking:
- you can do so by emailing or writing to Ortus (see ‘How can you contact us’ below). You can also click on the ‘unsubscribe’ button at the bottom of the electronic communication. It may take up to 30 days for this to occur. Ortus will endeavour to notify you with confirmation of the requested action completion to stop direct marketing. This will most likely occur in a response email to confirm that you have ‘unsubscribed’.It is important for Ortus customers to be aware that if you unsubscribe from direct marketing this action does not unsubscribe you from essential electronic communications in respect of the administration of your systems support and account administration with Ortus.
- How long will we keep the data you have inputted into our website?
Your Data will be kept and stored for such period of time as we deem necessary taking into account the purpose for which it was collected in the first instance. This may include retaining Your Data as per our legal obligations, to resolve disputes, to enforce our agreements, to support business operations, and to continue to develop and improve our Service. Where we retain information for Service/website improvement and development, we take steps to eliminate information that directly identifies you, and we only use the information to uncover collective insights about the use of our Service/website, not to specifically analyse personal characteristics about you.
- Do we use ‘cookies’?
Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted and Data Protection compliant third-party services that track this information on our behalf. You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser’s Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you disable cookies off, some features will be disabled It won’t affect the users experience that make your site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly.
- Third Party Disclosure
We do not and never will sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information.
- Third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
- Contacting Ortus by telephone
Please be aware that when you telephone Ortus we do record the conversation. Call are recorded to ensure the integrity of the of any support or sales query or order discussed. This will assist us to ensure that we are delivering a service to your which is of the highest quality and to help Ortus to train Ortus employees who take such calls.
- Children’s Data
Ortus Managed IT and Cloud do not provide services which will be used by Children. We will never intentionally collect children’s data. This website is for the use of persons over the age of 18.
- How will Ortus deal with a Data Breach?
Ortus will inform you of a serious data breach in relation to the data Ortus has received from you which you submitted through the Ortus website www.ortus.ie.Ortus will notify the Data Protection Commissioner without delay, and where possible, not later than 72 hours post knowledge of a breach affecting your data. If Ortus have notified you or the Data Protection commissioner within 72 hours, we will record the reason for this delay. Ortus will document any data breach, and their effects. The action taken to resolve any breach will also be recorded using the Ortus Data Breach process and register. Ortus will notify you of any breach which affects the Personal Data you have submitted on the Ortus website. Please be aware that Ortus will not be required to notify you of a data breach should Ortus:
- have carried out the appropriate technical security retention measures that ensures the data is not usable by any third party i.e. encryption.
- actions have been taken that will ensure that the high risk to data subjects is not likely to occur.
- it would involve level of effort that is not in keeping with the extent of the issue, in which case we may make a public communication instead.
- Why do we collect your email address and how will we use it?
We request your e-mail address through our ‘Talk to us’ and through our Chat Portal in order to allow us to:
- To answer the query, you have in relation to our products or services
- To send you information on other products which we feel may be of interest to you, where you have consented to receive such information.
- Make you aware of any changes to our website, such as improvements or service/product changes, that may affect our service.
- How can you request Ortus to update or remove your data from our Systems?
e-mail : Dataprotection@ortus.ie
call : 0818891000
written mail : Data Protection Officer, Ortus Managed IT and Cloud, Mountrath Road, Portlaoise, Co. Laois.
DPO : Phil Byrne - firstname.lastname@example.org
- You have the right to lodge a complaint to the Data Protection Commissioner
Please contact Ortus if you have a query in relation to the way we have processed your personal data. If you are not satisfied with the response to your complaint/ query, you do have the option to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Commissioner or use your rights as per the Data Protection Legislation. You can get information on how to do this about how to do this by visiting the Data Protection Commissioner website at https://www.dataprotection.ie
- What personal information do we collect from the people that visit this, website?
Policy Change Date – 1st March 2019